Wednesday, May 21, 2008

CNN.COM Calls it "Co-Working," Another Name for Virtual

CNN.com has a great article on yet another type of virtual company entrepreneur, only they call it "co-working." I call it working out of a cafe virtually, but making sure your friends drop by . . .

For all the details, here's the URL:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/worklife/04/07/coworking/index.html

ROSWELL, Georgia (CNN) -- More than a decade after the Internet allowed millions of people to work at home, the next phase of telecommuting involves, well, not working at home. art.jelly.ho.randall.jpg

Web developer Toby Ho, left, has joined a coworking group called "Jelly" in Roswell, Georgia.

Organized "coworking" -- the concept of working solo alongside like-minded independents -- has spread to dozens of cities.

The irony of coworking isn't lost on organizers, including Kevin Bachman, who set up a group north of Atlanta as part of an informal Web-based network called Jelly.

"The reason people work alone, is because they're looking for freedom," said Bachman, a 34-year-old Web developer who telecommutes part time. "It may be ironic that you crave isolation, but you also want to be socially interactive with others like you." See how Jelly works together »

Once a month, Bachman's group takes over a room provided by Tony's American Grille & Tap. A handful of home-based Internet workers hunch over laptops writing code, tweaking administration systems or enhancing databases.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ηey are using Wordpress for your blog platfoгm?

I'm new to the blog world but I'm tгying to get ѕtarteԁ and ѕet up my own.
Do you requiге any html coԁing knowledge to mаκe your own blog?
Any help would be greatly appreciateԁ!

Review my websitе :: increase boobs naturally

Anonymous said...

Howdу! I reаlize this is sort of оff-tоpіc but I haԁ
to ask. Does running a well-established blog like
yours takе a massive amount work? I'm brand new to blogging but I do write in my journal daily. I'd lіke to start а blog so Ӏ can
shаre my oωn ехpегience аnԁ thoughts online.
Ρleаse let me know if уou hаve any recommenԁations or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
Apprеciate it!

Feel freе to surf to my webpage :: easy wood projects

Anonymous said...

Whаts up this іs kіnda of off tοpіc but ӏ was
wаnting to know if blogѕ use WҮSIWYG editοгs or if you have tо manually
code with HTML. І'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Feel free to surf to my blog - bigger breasts

Anonymous said...

Write more, thаts аll I have to say.
Litеrаlly, it sеems as though you relieԁ on the ѵiԁео tο make yοur
pοint. Yοu сleaгlу know what youге talking about, why throw awаy youг
intеllіgеnce on just ρoѕting
νidеoѕ tο уouг weblog ωhen
you coulԁ bе giving us something enlightening to гead?


Hеre is my ωebpage - http://blog.hole19.fr/?q=node/27768/